Monday, March 3, 2008

The Begining

In an attempt to simplify my life and make myself more mobile for a potential move to Germany, I have gotten rid of both of my cars. No more car payments! YAY!

However... that leaves me without wheels.

Almost two years ago my best friend Dominic bought a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon from the Goodwill auto auction. The car had around 49,000 miles on it and was in excellent shape except that it had been run into a pole... so the front bumper was all smashed up. On closer inspection the inner front fenders and radiator core support had rotted away to nothing.

Dominic acquired the front end from a Roadmaster sedan. Those of you who know these cars will know that the fenders, lights, hood, grill, and bumper are all different. While the wagon looks like a Chevy Caprice, the sedan has a much more distinctively "Buick" look to it.

Dominic has decided to let me borrow this car and in exchange I'm helping him restore it and paying him a bit of money for it's use.

This is a picture of a 1991 - 1993 Roadmaster Estate. Externally, it is no different from the 1996 other than the side mirrors.



This blog will document the progress of rebuilding the wagon.

No comments: